Thrive's Community Bridge
We are supporting communities in taking ownership of their local energy projects. See how the 'Thrive Community Bridge' finance model works.
‘Communities’ or local groups of likeminded people are becoming increasingly interested in owning renewable energy projects. Yet for various reasons they are not always able to participate in a purchase due to lack of funding, resources, expertise and the demanding timescales needed to acquire manageable, small-to-mid scale renewables projects.
In 2016, we developed a funding model called: ‘The Thrive Community Bridge’ as a way of responding to this growing desire for community owned renewables. We’ve already supported communities with £12 million investment into wind and solar projects across the UK and we want to do more projects like this.
We empower communities to thrive:
- We give communities the time they need to raise their own funds through local ‘crowdfunding’ or/and via a bank loan – this is why our finance model is called a ‘bridge.’
- Our funding gives communities a sense of local ownership and empowerment to say: ‘Together, we own our renewable energy at source.’
- We are uniting communities through a common movement to invest in and own clean energy.
We offer speed and flexibility:
- We act quickly and efficiently to help communities get the most out of their purchase.
- We are experts in acquiring and funding a range of small-to-mid scale projects.
- We offer flexible finance for a range of project types: hydro, solar, wind and storage.
- We have access to a wide network of industry contacts, partners, suppliers, and industry bodies.
- We structure the finance to respond to the needs of the community and the specifics of each project.
If you are a community looking to own your local energy project, and require funding to do so, then Thrive may be able to bridge the gap.
Let’s talk about your project
If you have a renewable or sustainable energy project seeking investment between £0.5m to £20m, have read our Investment Criteria, and are looking for funding to make your project happen, we want to hear from you.
Contact us to discuss your project in more detail with an expert in renewable energy investment, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0117 428 1850.