SEE WINDPOWER IN ACTION
Visit our FREE Avonmouth Windfarm open day, Bristol on Saturday 9th September 2017
Discover first-hand how the Thrive turbines work to transform wind into clean electricity to power our homes and businesses. Our FREE event is for all the family with fun, educational activities for children, based on science and energy.
ExplorerDome will be on site with lively, interactive shows about climate change, renewables and the Avonmouth turbines – all presented inside a portable, inflatable planetarium dome. Come and talk to the Thrive team and discover more about renewable energy, ecology and energy efficiency. Refreshments on sale and a great day out for all.
A SENSORY DELIGHT FOR ALL THE FAMILY
There will be plenty to Touch, See and Listen to on the day:
- Watch one of our regular ExplorerDome shows throughout the day to experience an interactive light show in a mobile planetarium and discover more about climate change, energy and the Avonmouth turbines – science has never been so much fun!
- Step up to a turbine and pop your head inside the door to see what’s inside. Take your photo next to one of the turbines and tweet it to #thriveopenday
- Try out the Energy Bike Challenge to see how much power you can generate!
- Take a nature safari and treat yourself to a free pocket Thrive kite to fly on the day (subject to availability...)
- Talk to our team of ecologists on site and learn about our bird and bat studies – we have barn owls nesting at Avonmouth!
- Make a paper windmill and see how it spins compared to a real turbine – take a video and post it to #thriveopenday
- Family friendly face painting – in keeping with the day’s theme - butterflies, birds, rainbows & even a wind turbine!
- Buy refreshments including yummy fair trade ice-cream
- Watch out for the chalked-out areas on the ground showing the scale of a wind turbine blade
HOW TO ATTEND
If you would like to pre-register your interest to attend Thrive's open day, email email@example.com with the subject header 'Thrive open day pre-registration'. When booking is open, we'll send you an email with a link to book your ticket via Bristol Doors Open Day/Eventbrite. You can also go direct to the Bristol Doors Open day website from mid July 2017 to book your tickets. Please note this is a ticket only event.
Last year we held our open day in Cambridgeshire, read more and see photos from the day here.
"My grandson loves the turbines and one of his first words was windmill. It's important to spread the word about renewables and to educate the future generation." Jaqui Fairfax with grandson Grayson from the local community 2016 open day.
MORE ABOUT OUR OPEN DAY 2017
DISCOVER THE EXPLORERDOME!
An interactive, mobile planetarium for all the family. Delve inside the pop-up planetarium science show to:
- Learn more about climate change and renewable energy
- Discover how wind power generates and supplies electricity to homes
- Understand the role this site plays in cleaning up the UK’s energy system
WIND, WILDLIFE & HABITATS
You may be surprised to discover that there is an abundance of wildlife and natural habitat all around the turbines. Once built, the ground is left undisturbed and creates a wonderful array of wild flowers and natural habitat for small mammals, birds, bats, insects and more. Come meet some of our ecologists who will tell you more.
WIND POWER MAKES SENSE
- Thrive Renewables has invested in wind farms for over 20 years and will have a team on site to talk about renewable energy and how we can all make a difference in tackling climate change to help clean up the UK’s energy system.
- Why do we need to clean up our energy? Well, as you may be aware, our electricity comes from many sources, and often these resources are taken from the ground, such as coal and gas. These resources are not only unreplaceable, but produce air pollution as a result of processing the raw material into electricity for our homes.
- Renewable energy – from solar, wind, hydro power – harnesses the power of natural energy which is forever available and produces what we call clean or green energy – by making electricity in this way it reduces pollution giving us cleaner air to breath. Imagine a world where all homes, cars, offices, lorries, planes run on clean energy.
MOVEMENT FOR CHANGE
Over 6,300 individuals have invested in Thrive Renewables. Our shareholders have a direct stake in our renewable energy projects. For more information please visit www.thriverenewables.co.uk/investors