The ‘Thrive Community Bridge’ finance model
‘Communities’ or local groups of likeminded people are becoming increasingly interested in owning renewable energy projects. Yet for various reasons they are not always able to participate in a purchase due to lack of funding, resources, expertise and the demanding timescales needed to acquire manageable, small-to-mid scale renewables projects.
This is where Thrive steps in. It’s our mission to power the transition to a sustainable energy future by helping people meaningfully connect with clean energy projects. In 2016, we developed a funding model called: ‘The Thrive Community Bridge’ as a way of responding to this growing desire for community owned renewables. We’ve already supported communities with £12 million investment into wind and solar projects across the UK and we want to do more projects like this.
We empower communities to thrive:
- We give communities the time they need to raise their own funds through local ‘crowdfunding’ or/and via a bank loan – this is why our finance model is called a ‘bridge.’
- Our funding gives communities a sense of local ownership and empowerment to say: ‘Together, we own our renewable energy at source.’
- We are uniting communities through a common movement to invest in and own clean energy.
We offer speed and flexibility:
- We act quickly and efficiently to help communities get the most out of their purchase.
- We are experts in acquiring and funding a range of small-to-mid scale projects.
- We offer flexible finance for a range of project types: hydro, solar, wind and storage.
- We have access to a wide network of industry contacts, partners, suppliers, and industry bodies.
Our investment terms are transparent:
- We fund investments between £0.5M and £20M.
- We invest in proven 100% sustainable energy projects.
- We structure the finance to respond to the needs of the community and the specifics of each project.
If you are a community looking to own your local energy project, and require funding to do so, then Thrive may be able to bridge the gap visit:
About Thrive Renewables
Thrive Renewables plc (Thrive) was established over 20 years ago and now unites a community of 6,300 investors and manages over 100MW of renewable energy. We work with developers and communities to develop and build new sources of renewable energy to contribute to a cleaner smarter energy system fit for the future. Thrive also provides an opportunity for individuals to invest directly in a portfolio of renewable energy projects, delivering financial returns and contributing to tangible greenhouse gas emission reductions. Our investment team has experience in providing equity and junior debt to fund a range of renewable energy transactions.