Huge congratulations to Thrive and partners for receiving ‘Highly Commended’ for its green energy bond offer with IFISA at the Investment Week’s Sustainable Investment Week Awards on Friday 17 November.
Thrive’s Board and Management team: Matthew Clayton, Monika Paplaczyk, Katie Gordon and Alex Connor, as well as valued partners, Tom Harwood from Abundance were there to share the good news and network with some of the UK’s finest sustainable fund managers and organisations.
Thank you to everyone including, Triodos Bank Corporate Finance team, who has been instrumental in making the bond offer with IFISA such a success raising £10M for green energy projects and attracting over 900 new positive investors to Thrive.
Matthew Clayton, MD of Thrive said:
"By choosing to be innovative in the way we raise our capital, our bond offers are able to reach more and more investors combining everyday and high net worth investors, foundations and institutions, with a direct stake in a cleaner, smarter energy system."
The awards are aimed at fund managers and organisations who are at the forefront of facilitating or investing in themes that take into account the environment, ethics, as well as social and corporate responsibility, and whose work promotes a greater understanding into the sector's potential.
Now in their tenth year, Investment Week's Sustainable Investment Awards offer an opportunity to showcase expertise and commitment to investment factors that take into account environmental, social and ethical criteria as well as good corporate behaviour. Factors that are increasingly in demand by investors and a growing sector of the investment industry.
The award winners can be found here
About Thrive's award entry
In 2016/2017 Thrive raised a total of £13M for renewable energy projects through innovative online crowdfunding and was the first bond offer to be available through the Innovative Finance ISA (IFISA).
- The Thrive Plc bond offer raised £9.97m for new sustainable energy projects in the UK exceeding its target of £7.5m by 33 per cent.
- The funds are now being deployed into onshore wind and solar projects with the aim of generating a further 36,000 UK homes with clean electricity in 2018.
- 933 individuals invested their money in Thrive Renewable’s bond from just £5 online.
- Whilst the 5% interest rate and IFISA benefits provided a healthy incentive to investors, Thrive’s bond demonstrates strong investor appetite and support for UK renewable energy.
- Working with Triodos Bank’s corporate finance specialists and Abundance Investment, Thrive was able to offer Bondholders the opportunity to include their investment in their IF-ISA.
See Abundance Investment for more information about Thrive's bond.