The British Renewable Energy Awards, now in its 12th year, is the most prestigious event in the UK's renewable energy industry calendar; recognising and celebrating the achievements of companies and individuals who have done something amazing in renewables or clean tech over the past year.
Thrive wins ‘Financial Leadership’ category at British Renewable Energy Awards 2017
Dr. Nina Skorupska CBE FEI, Chief Executive of the Renewable Energy Association said:
“While it is easy to be distracted by the political hurricane that grips the nation, these companies are extraordinarily determined and have continued to operate to the highest standard.
“The past year’s sudden cuts to renewable energy supports, the lack of clarity about our future relationship with the EU, and snap election have not wounded these companies’ ambition or determination to succeed. They are the best of our industry this year, and we commend their work.”
Martin Wright, Chair of the Renewable Energy Association said:
“These fantastic winners tonight exemplify the British spirit of resilience in the face of adversity, and adaption in the face of change. These winners live their values and are striving to leave our world better than they found it. I congratulate them all.”
Financial Leadership category and submission
In 2016/2017 Thrive raised a total of £13M for renewable energy projects through innovative online crowdfunding and was the first bond offer to be available through the Innovative Finance ISA (IFISA).
Thrive Winner highlights:
- The Thrive Plc bond offer raised £9.97m for new sustainable energy projects in the UK exceeding its target of £7.5m by 33 per cent.
- It was one of the first crowdfunded bonds eligible for an Innovative Finance ISA.
- The funds are now being deployed into onshore wind and solar projects with the aim of generating a further 36,000 UK homes with clean electricity in 2018.
- 933 individuals invested their money in Thrive Renewable’s bond from just £5 online.
- Whilst the 5% interest rate and IFISA benefits provided a healthy incentive to investors, Thrive’s bond demonstrates strong investor appetite and support for UK renewable energy.
- Working with Triodos Bank’s corporate finance specialists and Abundance Investment, Thrive was able to offer Bondholders the opportunity to include their investment in their IF-ISA.
With a 20-year history and trusted ethos, Thrive unites a growing movement of investors who are wanting to see investment with direct impact.
The Bristol based, sustainable company has contributed to the construction of 95MW of renewable energy projects, across 19 sites around the UK with a total of £105M assets under management.
The IFISA was introduced on 6 April 2016 and from 1 November 2016 crowdfunded debt securities, such as the Thrive Bond, were eligible for inclusion.
Thrive Renewables continues to invest in and operate renewable energy projects, uniting a community of over 6,300 investors.